Monday, February 28, 2011

Colorful yarn octupi

 Here is a fun project for children 6years old and up. All you need is a tennis ball, a skein of yearn and elastics to tie off the braids. Wrap the yarn around a peice  of cardboard about 20inches in length.
Then remove the yarn from the cardboard and insert the tennis ball. Tie off the tennis ball and seperate the yarn into 8 "legs". Braid the legs and tie off the braid ends with elastics. Then add bows and a face to finish. My granddaughters loved making these, they can be any color and give the kids a real sense of accomplishment, plus, they are fun and funny to make!!!

3 comments:

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Those are so fun! I loved to braid when I was little- I would have gone nuts over this project! Thanks so much for letting me know about your octopi, I'll be linking in an upcoming Kid's Craft Roundup.

Louise said...

thank you, I will checking out your blog too. I so enjoy hearing from fellow crafters!!Keep up the good work!!

Mom2fur said...

Oh, my gosh, I remember making one of these when I was a kid--more than 40 years ago! Thanks for the memory. They're really cute!

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus